Cassandra’s Tears

Tears of joy, tears of pain, we are reflected in the salt-water pools we create. So let us build a fleet of paper boats and sail them on our ocean of indecision, laughing at the wind-whipped white-crested waves that would wash over us, drowning us in our own despair, yet somehow never vanquishing us in the end.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lennoxville, Quebec, Canada

Friday, May 25, 2007

A spring drabble

       Winter depleted my soul with its north-west winds, howling tempests bringing snow and sleet; it drained me of colour and desire. I became a shadow, a recluse, a haunting, seeking warmth by wood stoves, cocooning in quilts, never venturing abroad, held back by my need to hibernate away the months of bone-chilling cold. But then, subtly and softly, the sun broke through gray clouds, the monochromatic world blushed into brilliance once more: blue skies, green grass, purple crocuses; bees buzzed and birds sang. I emerged from my den and inhaled the smells of life around me and thought, “Welcome, Spring!”

2 Comments:

Blogger DaVinci said...

Gawd, you're such a girl. LOL. Shhh I'm hybernating.

12/30/2007 11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winter depleted my soul, howling tempests bringing in return only snow and sleet. I was drained of colour and desire, became a shadow, a recluse, a haunting. I sought warmth by wood stoves, cocooned in quilts; never ventured abroad, was held in hibernation.

Eventually, subtly and softly, the sun pried open gray clouds. The monochrome blushed. Blue skies, then, and green grass, purple crocuses. Bees hurried. Birds alighted, glanced nervously, tried a song.

The bear's head emerged first, then her winter-diminished bulk-- disheveled and as if confused--until the first outdoor, flared nostril intake of Spring.

11/23/2009 12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home